About Today’s Show
Today’s podcast features Elizabeth Lucas Dombrowski, Director of All Belong Center for Inclusive Education. Elizabeth talks with Lynn Swaner about the Flourishing Schools construct of Responsiveness to Special Needs, where “teaching staff works together to serve students with special needs, aided by processes and resources for identifying and responding to those needs.”
To go further in learning about this construct, check out these resources:
- ACSI’s Leading Insights: Special Education and Inclusion monograph
- ACSI’s PD by Design Belonging Together with Elizabeth
- Blog post All Belong: Defining Christian Community by Elizabeth
- All Belong’s Christ-Centered Educational Services Standard
- The Puzzle Piece Perspective video by All Belong
To learn more about Flourishing Schools Research,
- Check out the Flourishing Together book by Lynn Swaner and Andy Wolfe (Eerdmans 2021) and this video overview of the research. You can also find out about the related institute for leaders and instrument for schools here.
About the Guest
Elizabeth Lucas Dombrowski is the executive director of All Belong Center for Inclusive Education, equipping congregations and schools to glorify God through purposeful, innovative inclusion of persons of varied abilities. All Belong partners with Christ-centered schools across the country to support their students, and welcomes conversations and questions about inclusion of students of all abilities.
About the Host
Dr. Lynn E. Swaner is the Chief Strategy and Innovation Officer at ACSI, where she leads initiatives and develops strategies to address compelling questions and challenges facing Christian education. Dr. Swaner serves as a Cardus Senior Fellow and is the co-author or editor of multiple books on Christian education, including Flourishing Together: A Christian Vision for Students, Educators, and Schools and MindShift: Catalyzing Change in Christian Education. Prior to joining ACSI, she served as a professor of education and a Christian school administrator in New York.